Pesel & Carr teamed up with McDonald Partners to present a breakfast seminar on bullet proofing your business, at Cumulus Up in Melbourne’s CBD.
Companies attended the seminar across a broad range of industries including technology, business management, not-for-profit, and health and wellbeing.
Coffee was hot, food was delicious and speakers were engaging.
Barbara talked about communications and branding and Sarah, an IP law specialist concentrated on protection.
Three key areas were covered at the seminar; Plan focused on building business foundations and a brand, Protect was all about protecting your IP, and Promote covered off communicating and getting out in the marketplace.
Pesel & Carr’s top tips to take your business to the next level are:
- Articulate your brand value and proposition – reason for being
- Know what you stand for – core purpose, vision and values
- Establish a name and brand positioning
- Define audiences – who are they and where are they (reach)
- Develop messages – what are you going to say
- Create a brand identity – logo, colours, fonts, etc. (concepts to be tested)
- Be prepared to manage issues that could derail your efforts
- Make sure you have a NDA before you talk to ANYONE!
- Protect your core names, logos and other brand features
- Can your brand name be registered as a trade mark?
- Make sure you address issues that may cause concern
- Stay true to your values and brand proposition and focus on your ‘core customer’
- Maintain consistency over all communication channels through messaging and brand personality
- Harvest social media to amplify your message
- Execute target media relations campaigns
- Collect third party endorsements ‘testimonials’ to build brand advocates
If you’re interested in finding out more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 03 9036 6900.